Proper Oklahoma Motorcycle Safety for Summer
Motorcycling is a fun and social activity enjoyed by many during the warmer months of the year. A sense of freedom usually accompanies riding a motorcycle, but danger also tends to tag along for the ride. Most Oklahoma motorcycle accidents occur, not because of the rider, but because of other motorists who do not know how to share the road with motorcycles. Because motorcyclists are much less protected than drivers of other motor vehicles, they need to practice riding safely and defensively to protect themselves in the event of a motorcycle crash in Oklahoma. The following safety guidelines can help motorcyclists stay safe on the road:
- Take a safety course.
- Get your motorcycle license.
- Wear a full-face helmet, sturdy jacket with full sleeves, thick pants, reinforced gloves, and boots that protect the ankle.
- Drive defensively to avoid inattentive or reckless motorists.
- Ride in a staggered formation when with a group.
- Keep at least a two-second following distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- Only pass motorcycles or other vehicles individually and when it can be done safely.
Unfortunately these guidelines cannot prevent every motorcycle accident. There is only so much a motorcyclist can do to stay safe when another motorist is driving negligently or recklessly. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash caused by the actions of an inattentive, speeding, distracted, intoxicated, or otherwise negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation for the losses associated with your injuries.
At Maples Law Firm, LLP, our skilled Oklahoma City motorcycle accident lawyers will examine every detail of your accident to determine the validity of your claim and advise you on the best course of action for your particular situation. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact us for a free consultation at 1-888-226-6159.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now