Tulsa Car Accident Lawyers
What Happens to Tulsa Drivers in Accidents?
Accidents happen. Whether they are automobile accidents, truck accidents, or motorcycle accidents, when they happen, people can get seriously hurt or even killed. Knowing and understanding your legal rights and responsibilities is an essential part of being a Tulsa driver.
Injured parties may face steep medical expenses, lost wages, extensive therapies, and other intangible costs. Don’t try to go it alone. Contact Car Accident Help at (405) 285-4357.
Who Is Responsible for Accidents in Tulsa?
Under Oklahoma law, whoever is responsible for the accident pays for it. In practice, Oklahoma is known as a “fault” state. So, for example, if the other driver was on her phone, had been drinking, failed to follow traffic laws, or in other words caused the accident, he or she would be seen as “at fault.” The “at fault” driver is responsible for covering the losses sustained by the injured party.
Sometimes, however, both parties can be at fault. Imagine, for example, that the other driver was intoxicated but the injured party was on his phone at the time of the accident. Can both parties be at fault? The answer is yes. And in Oklahoma, as long as you are 50% or less responsible for the accident, you can still recover damages, but they will be reduced by the amount of your negligence. So if you had $50,000 worth of medical bills, but were 50% responsible, you could only collect $25,000 from the other driver. If you were more than 50% responsible, you would not be allowed to collect any damages.
Where Can Tulsa Drivers Get Help?
There are many resources available for Tulsa drivers including:
- City of Tulsa
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Tulsa Metro Chamber
- Tulsa Police Department
- Tulsa Fire Department
- Tulsa Fact Sheet
- American Automobile Association offices:
- Tulsa – 15th & Lewis, 2121 E. 15th Street, Tulsa
- Tulsa – Southwest, 3856 Southwest Boulevard, Tulsa
- Tulsa – Midtown, 4103 E 31st Street, Tulsa
- Tulsa – South Lewis, 5920 S. Lewis, Tulsa
- Tulsa – Fontana, 4924 S. Memorial, Tulsa
- Tulsa – Memorial, 6808 S. Memorial, Tulsa
- Tulsa – East, 11609 East 31st Street, Tulsa
- Tulsa – Southeast, 8013 S. Sheridan Rd., Tulsa
- Tulsa – South, 10051 S. Yale, Suite 106, Tulsa
- Broken Arrow – North, 2604 W. Kenosha, Suite 221, Tulsa
- Bixby, 8222 E. 103rd Street, Suite 110, Tulsa
If you have any questions at all about your Tulsa car, motorcycle, or truck accident, contact Car Accident Help at (405) 285-4357.
Map of Tulsa, Oklahoma
Don't Wreck Twice
You've Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON'T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don't wreck twice!Download Now