Have you been injured in a car accident?

Our Car Accident Help site is designed to be a one-stop source for anyone who has suffered personal injuries in a car crash. It is also a helpful resource for someone whose loved one has been injured in an Oklahoma car crash. Speak to one of our representatives at (405) 285-4357 if you have any questions, or fill out our form to get your free, instant, no obligation accident analysis. We have Oklahoma car accident attorneys on staff who know the law and can defend your rights.

Oklahoma Motorcycle Accident FAQs

Answers to Common Questions About Motorcycle Collisions

Since motorcycles don’t offer the protection cars and other passenger vehicles provide, when a rider is involved in an accident it is almost a certainty that they will suffer significant injuries that will affect their future and their finances. The following are questions many motorcycle accident victims may have:

Q: I was injured when another driver changed lanes. The driver was uninsured. What do I do?

A: If you have been injured by an uninsured driver, you still have options. The Insurance Information Institute reports that Oklahoma has the highest percentage of uninsured drivers in the country - 26%, or more than one in every four drivers. Drivers in the state are not required to carry uninsured motorist coverage, but many have chosen to carry this added insurance, and for good reason. This type of insurance coverage allows you to access your own insurance if involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. If you don't have uninsured motorist coverage, there may still be a legal method by which you could recover compensation. As every case is unique, it is advised that you speak with an OK auto accident lawyer so your individual case can be reviewed.

Back to Top

Q: My (son/daughter/wife/husband) was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, and is unable to file a claim due to incapacitation. What do we do?

A: Your relative deserves compensation if another party was at fault. To get this compensation, it is imperative that you get help from an attorney so that a claim can be filed on his or her behalf. There are, however, several legal matters that must be resolved prior to filing a claim on your loved one’s behalf. If the injured relative had a power of attorney on record, the process is simpler. Unfortunately, most people do not have this document in place. The first step will be to seek appointment as conservator or guardian through the court system. Once in place, a claim can be filed to seek full compensation for your loved one’s injuries and losses.

Back to Top

Q: How long do I have to file a motorcycle injury claim?

A: The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim in Oklahoma is two calendar years from the date of the injury.

Back to Top

Q: How are motorcycle accident injury claims in Oklahoma valued?

A: Every incident is different, and each requires a full investigation of the evidence. Factors taken into account when determining the amount of your settlement include each party’s degree of fault, the severity of the injuries sustained, the long term physical impact upon the victim, and how it will affect them and their family financially.

Back to Top

Q: How long will it take for my settlement to be paid?

A: Generally, it will take several months before a claim is finally paid, and possibly longer, due to various factors. It may be necessary to determine the long term health implications for the injured person, which may not be immediately possible, such as in a case of traumatic brain injury with an uncertain outcome, or the estimating the full damages in cases in which the person has been left with permanent impairments. When a lawsuit is filed (which is less common), a case could take longer to resolve. It is important that you find an attorney that can manage all of the details professionally, and who will move the case ahead as quickly as possible for you, without sacrificing any of the potential value of your Oklahoma injury claim.

Back to Top

Q: What if the insurance company denies my claim?

A: You need to contact a skilled attorney immediately if your motorcycle insurance company has denied your claim. Insurance companies are renowned for denying or under valuing claims. They count on the fact that the average person does not know the intricacies of law and can be intimidated by them. A qualified attorney does know the law and will not be afraid to sue the insurance company to get the settlement you deserve.

Back to Top

Q: How do I choose a motorcycle accident attorney in Oklahoma?

A: There are many law firms that offer services in personal injury law. One way to find out more about the firm's track record is to review their history of successful settlements and verdicts. When the list is long and the value of settlements and verdicts is generally high, it is an indicator that the law firm has the skills you want on your side. It is also advised that you meet with an attorney from the firm to ensure that you feel comfortable with that lawyer and have confidence that your case will be given the attention it deserves.

Back to Top

Contact an Oklahoma motorcycle accident lawyer from Car Accident Help for immediate assistance and a free case evaluation. We can answer all of your questions and concerns. You can reach us at (405) 285-4357.

Additional Information

Related Links

Don't Wreck Twice

You've Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON'T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don't wreck twice!

Download Now

Don't Wreck Twice

You've Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON'T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don't wreck twice!
Download Now

Getting Support for Your Car Accident

The period after a car collision can be devastating and chaotic for crash victims and their families. This is the time when you can use all the support and resources you can get. The team at Car Accident Help are committed to providing you with the information and resources you need during these challenging times. If there are any questions you may have or want to know your legal rights, contact us today for a free initial evaluation to see if you have a case.

Find out if you have a case

Who We Are

The team at CarAccidentHelp.com created this site to provide a resource to those who have just been in an accident and need someone on their side. The insurance companies are not looking out for your best interests and you need an advocate who knows the laws in Oklahoma and will fight for you. We help you figure out if filing a lawsuit is right for your situation, and connect you with lawyers who can determine if you have a case.

Car Accident Help
15401 N. May Avenue
Suite 900
Edmond, OK 73013
Call: (405)-285-4357

Sponsored by:

© 2023 Car Accident Help - Serving cities throughout Oklahoma.

Oklahoma City Motorcycle Attorney Disclaimer: This web site is designed to provide educational information. The injury information contained in this web site is not intended to offer legal advice. Information contained in this web site is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice, to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with Car Accident Help, or any employees thereof, will generate an attorney client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. Any reference in this web site to past results for clients obtained by Car Accident Help, including reference to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, does not guarantee that similar outcomes will be achieved for future cases. Each case is different, and must be evaluated and handled based on its individual attributes and merits.

Disclaimer | Website Design, SEO and Legal Marketing by: SLS Consulting