Oklahoma Attorneys Representing Motorcyclists Hit By Drunk Drivers
What Victims of DUI Accidents Need to Know
Riding a motorcycle can be an exhilarating experience. But, it also can be a painful, even deadly experience. Motorcycles provide excellent tools for avoiding a collision. They're small in size, have an unobstructed field of vision, have excellent braking and acceleration, and are ease to maneuver. These factors don't mean anything once a crash happens because of the lack of protection for a rider, and the weight of cars and trucks.
As a motorcyclist, you are aware of the risks that come with riding a motorcycle. You're far less visible than other vehicles, and have almost no physical protection in an collision. If you ride a motorcycle, you have agreed to accept these risks. What you haven't agreed to accept is negligent, distracted, or worst of all, impaired drivers.
What Can I Recover After an Accident with a Drunk Driver Oklahoma?
If you've been injured in a collision while riding a motorcycle, you need to consult an experienced Oklahoma motorcycle accident lawyer. Motorcycle collisions can result in serious and life-changing injuries. You may need to take legal action against a negligent driver to recover such damages as:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages due to time off of work
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
How do Impaired Drivers Pose a Threat to Motorcyclists?
Drunk, or chemically impaired, drivers pose a particular threat to motorcyclists. Many years of study have shown that a driver with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 percent has:
- Slower reaction reflexes. Reflexes are vital to safe driving. A driver whose reflexes are slowed or dulled will not be able to take the necessary improvisational actions to avoid a crash.
- Altered depth perception. Depth perception is another essential element of safe driving. The inability to accurately judge distances in relation to speed and stopping time leads to many serious accidents.
- Blurred vision. If there's one thing that's important to being a safe driver, it's the ability to see your surroundings, other vehicles, and pedestrians.
- Impaired judgment. Ingested chemicals like alcohol have a remarkable ability to cause a person make poor decisions. Indeed, getting behind the wheel of a vehicle while impaired is the first of many disastrous decisions a driver can make.
Call an Oklahoma Motorcycle DUI Accident Lawyer at
If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunken or otherwise impaired driver, you need to seek representation from a drunk driving accident attorney in OK.
Don't Wreck Twice
You've Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON'T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don't wreck twice!Download Now