Vehicles Recalled for Airbag Issues
More than 1.3 million vehicles in the United States, and 3 million worldwide, have been recalled for defective airbags that can deploy and injure passengers. According to a news report in USA Today, the auto defect recall involves vehicles sold by Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, General Motors and BMW. Owners of the vehicles involved in the recall will need to bring their vehicle to a dealership to replace the faulty canisters that hold the propellant, which can activate the airbags.
Vehicles included in the recall include:
- GM: 2003 Pontiac Vibe
- Honda: Certain Civics, CR-Vs and Odysseys from 2001 to 2003
- Lexus: SC 430 from 2001 to 2003
- Mazda: Only 149 vehicles including Mazda6 sedans from 2003 and 2004 as well as the 2004 RX-8
- Nissan: Maxima, Pathfinder, Sentra
- Infiniti: I35 and QX4 from 2001 to 2003
- Toyota: Certain Corolla, Matrix, Sequoia and Tundra
According to the report, the defective propellant canisters deploy with tremendous force, propelling shrapnel into the vehicle and causing airbags to inflate so quickly that the bag rips or tears. No injuries or deaths have been reported as a result of the defect.
This is not the first time that the air bag manufacturer, Takata, has had to issue a recall. In December of 2011, Honda issued a recall for overly powerful driver’s side airbags that had deployed with such force that they had the potential to cause serious injuries or fatalities. That particular Takata airbag recall was linked to 19 injuries and two fatalities.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective auto part, you can pursue financial compensation for your losses by filing a claim against the at-fault manufacturer. The experienced Oklahoma auto recall attorneys at the Maples Law Firm help injured victims of defective auto products obtain fair compensation for their losses. Please contact us at (888) 226-6159 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now