Nissan Issues Massive Recall for Faulty Steering
Nissan has announced plans to recall about 841,000 vehicles worldwide because of a defective steering wheel. According to a report in Metro News, a bolt used in the steering wheel was not screwed on properly and may need to be fixed or replaced. Nissan officials say that there is no danger of sudden failure and there have been no accidents involving the defective auto part. Many drivers, however, say they have noticed their steering wheel feeling loose. The vehicles involved in the recall include certain models of the Micra compact car and the Cube manufactured between 2002 and 2006.
This recall is one of many that Nissan has had to issue recently. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that more than 123,000 Nissan Altima vehicles from model year 2013 were recalled to adjust the amount of inflation of the spare tires. Earlier in May, Nissan also recalled approximately 500,000 vehicles globally for a passenger airbag fault.
If you have purchased a vehicle that has been recently recall, you may be entitled to a number of different legal remedies, including:
- Financial compensation for your damages: There may be monetary support available for the car’s lost resale value if it is defective.
- Personal injury support: If you were injured in a car accident that resulted from a vehicle defect, you may be able to recover the costs associated with an injury suffered as a result of that defect, from the auto manufacturer.
- Class action claim: If the recall affected numerous people in a similar fashion, you may be able to join a class action lawsuit.
- Manufacturer reimbursement: It may be possible to pursue compensation for repairs or for a vehicle replacement.
If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of a defective auto product, please contact an experienced Oklahoma City auto product defect lawyer at the Maples Law Firm who will fight for your rights and ensure that you are fairly and fully compensation for your injuries, damages, and losses. A free consultation can be found by contacting us online or calling (888) 226-6159.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now