New Child Car Seat Requirements in Oklahoma
Children are fragile beings, especially when riding in motor vehicles. It’s reported that vehicle accidents are number one cause of fatalities for children aged two to 14. The dangers posed to children riding in vehicles have prompted Oklahoma to add new requirements to its child car seat laws. The new requirements went into effect November 1st. Among the new child car seat requirements are the following:
- Children must ride in approved car seats until they are nine years old.
- Children two years old and under must ride in rear facing car seats.
- Children aged two to eight (or under four feet, nine inches tall) must sit in front facing car seats or booster seats.
The federal government has strict requirements regarding the design and manufacturing of child car seats. If your child is injured in a vehicle accident while riding in a car seat, the manufacturer may be guilty of negligence.
If you feel this may be the case, you need to contact an experienced personal injury attorney. Since 2002, Attorney Ray Maples has successfully represented Oklahoma clients injured in car accidents.
To get the settlement you and your family deserve, call Ray Maples at (877) 478-3737 for a free consultation.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now