How Does Driver Negligence Cause Street Intersection Crashes?
Street intersections are often the sites of major injury crashes. It is all too common for drivers to speed through traffic lights or stop signs, and fail to yield to the right-of-way, which can cause serious intersection accidents. Driver negligence is the most common cause of intersection crashes in Oklahoma.
Common forms of driver negligence that can result in an intersection accident include:
- Speeding: It is difficult to stop in time for a red light or stop sign if you are exceeding the speed limit.
- Drunk Driving: Motorists who are under the influence are more likely to make poor decisions at a street intersection including breaking the rules of the road.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who are on their cell phones are much more likely to miss changes in the flow of traffic or a changed traffic light. Distracted drivers are also prone to entering an intersection when it is not safe to do so.
- Failure to Yield: Many Oklahoma accidents are the direct result of a failure on the part of motorists to properly yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and other motorists. All drivers must not only obey traffic control devices, but also the right-of-way laws.
Drivers are not, however, responsible for all intersection accidents. Some intersections are inherently dangerous due to their design or upkeep. Victims of Oklahoma intersection accidents can pursue financial compensation from the party responsible for causing their injuries and trauma. A skilled Oklahoma intersection auto accident attorney can help a victim seek support for their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related damages.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now