15 Signs You’re a True Oklahoman
With a nation as large and diverse as the United States, you’re bound to come across all kinds of people, each with their own behavioral quirks, habits, and customs tied to their home state. Oklahoma is one such state in which its residents hold a lot of pride, and for good reason. The Sooner State is certainly fascinating with its diverse natural regions and dense cultural history.
But what about the people in the state? What are Oklahomans all about? Well, if you relate to the following list, you’re definitely a true Oklahoman.
- You can properly pronounce the following words all in the row without getting your tongue twisted up: Eufaula, Muskogee, Pushmataha, Sapulpa, Okemah, Tishomingo, and Chickasha.
- When looking for a parking spot, you don’t look for the space closest to the entrance. You look for the space with the most shade.
- You’re thoroughly familiar with “beer runs,” some of which involve crossing state borders.
- When a tornado siren goes off, you don’t run for shelter. You go out into the yard and try to spot the funnel.
- You know what “calf fries” and “mountain oysters” are and you don’t find them completely unpleasant. In fact, you enjoy them.
- You’d prefer a Ford F150 4×4 over a BMW.
- You know the four seasons as: Tornado, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas.
- Your local paper covers headlines on the front page alone. The rest of the space is used for sports and church news.
- A soda is a “coke,” but not necessarily a “Coke.” You know what I’m saying.
- Seeing “chicken fried chicken” on the menu doesn’t strike you as the least bit odd.
- You can find movie rentals, live ammunition, and fishing bait all at the convenience store.
- Your dream vacation is to go to the OU/Texas game.
- You know that Miami, Oklahoma and Miami, Florida have completely different pronunciations.
- You’ve retained some country and western dances from your school days.
- You and another driver have caused jams at four-way stop intersections by being overly polite and refusing to go first.
Test your friends, neighbors, and other acquaintances by passing these jokes on to them. If they get them, they’re for sure true Oklahomans at heart.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now