Subaru Recalls Vehicles for Defective Steering
If you have a new Subaru, your vehicle may have just been recalled because of a dangerous steering issue. According to a CNN Money report, Subaru is recalling 5,379 Legacy and Outback cars that have a defective steering shaft. The recalled vehicles have a steering shaft that is composed of an inner and outer shaft. If these two pieces become separated, the driver can lose his or her ability to steer the car.
Subaru uncovered the potentially dangerous auto defect at a factory in Indiana. The auto manufacturer then received a complaint about a loss of steering control from a driver. They submitted a document to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on May 13, 2013 stating that they plan on notifying dealers about the recall within 30 days.
This is not the only auto recall that Subaru has had to issue in recent months. In April, Subaru recalled about 200,000 Legacy and Outback vehicles from model years 2005 to 2009 for issues with the brake lines. According to that recall notice, the brake lines could corrode if splashed by salt water, making it difficult for the driver to stop the vehicle. In March, about 50,000 Legacy, Outback, and Impreza models produced from 2010 to 2013 and Crosstrek vehicles produced in 2013 were recalled because they run the risk of starting themselves.
Auto manufacturers have a legal obligation to manufacture reasonably safe vehicles. If you have suffered an injury because of a mechanical malfunction, it is important that you:
- Take photos of the crash site and damaged vehicle.
- Notify the authorities before leaving the scene of the crash.
- Preserve the vehicle for a thorough inspection.
- Seek out immediate medical attention and document your injuries.
- Contact an experienced Oklahoma defective product injury lawyer to discuss your legal rights and options.
While you may not be able to prevent an accident from a vehicle defect, being prepared will help you properly cope in both the immediate and distant future.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now