Oklahoma City Police Chase Causes Injuries
Four people were injured in an Oklahoma crash involving a drunk driver evading police in a stolen car. According to a News OK news report, the police chase and car accident occurred in southwest Oklahoma City. Officials say the driver of a stolen car crashed into a vehicle injuring three people. The driver continued on and crashed into another vehicle near SW 104 and Western Avenue. None of the injuries were life threatening. The driver has been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
The consequences of drunk driving can be catastrophic or even fatal. According to Oklahoma Statute 47-67-761: “Any person who operates a motor vehicle while his ability to operate such motor vehicle is impaired by the consumption of alcohol, or any other substance, other than alcohol, which is capable of being ingested, inhaled, injected or absorbed into the human body and is capable of adversely affecting the central nervous system, vision, hearing or other sensory or motor functions,” is driving under the influence.
Intoxicated drivers in Oklahoma City can be held accountable for the damages they cause. It is important to remember, however, that a criminal conviction for DUI will not automatically result in financial compensation for the victim and the victim’s family. Anyone who has been injured by a drunk or negligent driver must file a claim to receive the support they need. If a negligent driver has injured you, financial support may be available for your:
- Medical bills: All past and future medical expenses related to the accident.
- Lost wages: If you had to miss work because of a serious injury, your lost wages should be included in your claim. Additional support should be available if you are unable to return to work or unable to sustain your earning potential.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation may also be sought for non-economic damages such as pain and suffering and emotional distress.
The experienced car accident attorneys at Maples Law Firm know how to hold drunk drivers liable for the damages they cause. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in Oklahoma City, please contact us at (888) 226-6159 for a free and comprehensive consultation.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now