Traveling Safely Through Oklahoma City Construction This Summer
Construction site car accidents have claimed over 4,400 lives in the past six years, according to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) – and most of them belonged to drivers who were trying to navigate a work zone when something went wrong. Another 200,000 people were injured, making work zones a dangerous stretch of roadway to navigate. Summer and fall are the top times for road construction accidents, according to the FHWA.
You can help protect yourself and your passengers from being among these grim statistics by practicing some basic safety tips:
- Plan ahead. Tools like Google Maps or the state or city’s department of transportation websites can help you figure out whether you’ll be driving into construction, so you can add time to your travel schedule or plot another route.
- Take it slow. Always travel at a speed that allows you to control your vehicle, anticipate sudden moves from cars or equipment up ahead, and stop suddenly if you need to do so. Never speed in a work zone.
- Cut down on distractions. Put away your cell phone, turn down your radio, and ask fellow passengers to keep an eye out for safety concerns while you’re traveling through a construction zone.
- Practice patience. Unexpected changes or delays can easily affect your ability to get through a work zone promptly. Be patient; plan extra time in your trip so you can reach your destination on time.
Attorney Ray Maples is dedicated to helping you determine exactly what caused a crash and to securing the compensation you deserve. For a free and confidential case evaluation, contact our office today.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now