The Problem of Oklahoma Car Accidents
The American Automotive Association (AAA) states that there are over six million reported motor vehicle accidents each year in the United States. Considering the amount of cars on the road in this country, this number is definitely believable. But let’s take a look closer to home. Here are some statistics from the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office from the year 2010.
- There were over 69,000 vehicle accidents in Oklahoma
- 19,000 of those accidents involved drivers between the ages of 16 and 20
- Approximately 37,000 people were injured in vehicle accidents
- Most accidents involved at least two vehicles
- Of drivers killed in accidents, 72 percent were male
- Over 6,000 were injured and 128 were killed in speed related accidents.
- Over 4,000 accidents were alcohol related
- 245 alcohol related accidents led to 245 fatalities
- Overall, there were 668 vehicle accident related deaths
- Almost one in 10 drivers killed were aged 16 to 20
Those are sobering statistics for drivers and passengers in the Sooner State. While today’s cars are much safer than those of the past, we can see that there is still the risk of death or injury on the road.
If you or a family member has been injured in an accident, or if you’ve lost a loved one, you may want to consider legal action. Attorney Ray Maples has been representing Oklahoma City accident victims and their families for many years. We’re proud to say that we’ve recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We work on a contingency basis, so you pay no fees unless we win your case. Call us today at (877) 478-3737 for a free consultation. We’re here to help.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now