SUV Removed From Springs River Days After Fatal Oklahoma Car Crash
The SUV that was involved in a fatal crash on February 3 that left three people dead was removed from Spring River on Saturday, February 12, according to NewsOn6.com. The accident occurred when the vehicle was traveling west on I-44 and hit a patch of ice, which caused the SUV to slam into a concrete wall before plunging 61 feet into the river below. Six people survived the accident while three others perished. Crews were unable to remove the vehicle from the river for over a week due to the intense storms that have been hitting the state.
Driving in snow and ice can be a daunting task, even to the most experienced motorist. It is of utmost importance for motorists to practice safe driving during snowy and icy weather or, if possible, avoid driving altogether. If you must drive during harsh weather conditions, there are a few precautions you can take that can help you in case of an emergency.
- Keep a shovel, cat litter or sand, snow chains, and a windshield scraper in your car at all times.
- Reduce your speed and keep three times the amount of space you normally would between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Keep your windshield clean to prevent visibility issues.
- If you start to skid, pump your brakes. Never slam on them.
- Do not use cruise control.
The experienced and knowledgeable Oklahoma City car accident attorneys at The Maples Law Firm are available to help you understand your rights if you have been involved in a car crash in Oklahoma that was caused by another driver’s negligence. To schedule a free consultation, call 1-888-226-6159 today.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now