Safe Driving Practices During the Winter Season in Oklahoma
The winter months generally see an increase in car accidents on Oklahoma’s roadways due to snowy weather, which can significantly decrease visibility when driving as well as create ice patches. It is of utmost importance for Oklahoma residents as well as families across the nation to practice safe driving in order to reduce the risk of a car, truck, or motorcycle accident during the winter season. The following are some defensive driving tips that will help keep you and your family safe:
- Brake gently. Never slam on your brakes because you may end up skidding and losing control of the vehicle.
- Don’t speed. This is especially important during the winter months. Keep plenty of room (at least three car lengths) between you and the car in front of you in order to prevent rear end collisions from following too closely.
- If you don’t need to drive, don’t drive. Sometimes the best defensive driving technique during the snow season is to refrain from driving at all if you can.
- Keep your lights and windshield clean. A dirty windshield can also decrease visibility, which makes driving very difficult, particularly at night.
- Keep your lights on to maintain your visibility to other drivers.
- Overpasses, bridges, and areas where the snow is slower to melt must be driven on carefully. Even in warmer winter weather, these areas can be very icy.
- Use lower gears to keep traction, especially on hills.
With the winter snows predicted to last well into the new year, it is important for all motorists to use caution when driving. However, just because you are driving safely does not mean other motorists are. Should you find yourself in a situation where you have suffered injury in an auto accident in Oklahoma due to someone else’s negligence, contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can explain your legal rights to you. The Oklahoma City auto accident attorneys at The Maples Law Firm have the knowledge and resources to fully examine your accident and will build a strong case on your behalf. Call us today at 1-888-429-0609 for a free and confidential consultation.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now