Oklahoma Among Worst States for Drivers
Anyone who lives in Oklahoma knows that the land is beautiful. Our landscape includes Great Plains, mountains, many lakes, and thousands of square miles of forest. It’s a great place to go for a road trip. But, those roads can be dangerous. Based on statistics published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Oklahoma is one of the more dangerous places in America to drive.
The NHTSA recently released its 2014 car accident data. According to the numbers, Oklahoma is the 13th most dangerous driving state in America. Unfortunately, the Sooner State ranked high in some pretty bad categories. Here are some scary numbers:
- Oklahoma was ranked 9th in traffic fatalities
- Oklahoma was ranked 3rd in failure to obey (these include failing to obey traffic signals, seat belt laws, and drivers license suspensions) citations
- Oklahoma was ranked 15th in careless driving citations
On the bright side, Oklahoma was ranked very low when it came to drunk driving and speeding citations. Among our neighboring states, only Texas is considered a more dangerous place to drive. This ranking actually shows that our state is improving. The 2013 stats showed that Oklahoma was the 11th most dangerous state to drive in.
If you or someone you know is every involved on an accident in Oklahoma, know that Attorney Ray Maples can help. He’s represented many people injured in accidents all over the Sooner State. Contact him today at (877) 478-3737.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now