Five Tips to Handle Insurance Companies after a Car Accident
It is a common misconception that insurance companies act in the best interests of their clients. In reality, insurance companies are highly profitable corporations that protect their bottom line by denying valid claims and offering inadequate settlements to deserving claimants. If you have been injured in an Oklahoma car accident, insurance adjusters will likely utilize a number of tactics to deny or reduce the value of your claim.
Here are five tips to help you handle insurance companies and protect your best interests:
- Provide accurate and consistent information: If you are stressed out or nervous, you could end up contradicting yourself during the conversation. This could cause the adjuster to question the credibility or validity of your claim.
- Refuse a recording: There is nothing to gain by allowing the insurance company to record your conversation.
- Understand your losses: An important part of the process is calculating the potential value of your claim. Consider your current and future medical expenses and lost wages before calling insurance companies.
- Never admit fault: If you accept blame for causing the crash or for behaving negligently, you could end up hurting your case. Limit or put on hold your use of social media. Remember, your Facebook comments and posts can be used against you.
- Contact an attorney: It is not advisable to call an insurance company without first discussing your case with a skilled Oklahoma personal injury attorney. In some cases, it is even possible to have an attorney speak with the insurance provider on your behalf.
At the Maples Law Firm, we help victims of Oklahoma car accidents get fair compensation for their injuries, damages, and losses. To obtain more information about pursuing your legal rights, please contact us at (888) 226-6159.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now