Woman Killed in Oklahoma Head-On Collision
A 39-year-old woman has been killed in an Oklahoma car accident involving a head-on collision with a semi truck. According The Oklahoman, the fatal truck accident occurred on U.S. 270 southeast of Seiling. Officials say a Mack truck crossed the centerline and struck the vehicle. The victim was pinned in her vehicle for two hours before being freed by the Seiling Fire Department. She was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. A passenger in her vehicle was hospitalized with head and leg injuries. The truck driver was treated and released at the hospital. It is unclear why the accident occurred or if the truck driver will be cited for the collision.
Injuries that result from a head-on collision can be devastating due to the velocity of the vehicles involved and the impact of the crash. When head-on collisions involve a large truck, they will more than likely result in serious or fatal injuries to the occupants of the smaller car.
The most common causes of fatal head-on collisions are:
- falling asleep at the wheel;
- letting the truck veer into oncoming traffic while driving distracted;
- losing control due to excessive speed;
- failing to obey road signs and traveling on the wrong side of the road;
- driving while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol;
- making an unsafe lane change into oncoming traffic while passing a slower moving vehicle.
Drivers who violate the law or who are negligent during the operation of a vehicle may be held accountable for the damages they cause. If you have suffered a tragic loss in an Oklahoma truck accident, it is important that you protect your rights and best interests by speaking with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Financial compensation may be available for your expenses.
The knowledgeable Oklahoma City car accident attorneys at Maples Law Firm provide free consultations to anyone who has suffered a loss in an Oklahoma truck accident. Please contact us at (888) 226-6159 for a free, comprehensive consultation.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- All About Moped and Scooter Accidents
- Can a Car Accident Make Me Lose My Driver’s License?
- Car Care Awareness Month Tips
- It’s Always Distracted Driving Month!
- The Dangers of Emotional Driving
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now