Toddler Killed in Oklahoma City Parking Lot Accident
A 3-year-old boy was killed in an Oklahoma car accident that occurred in a McDonald’s parking lot. According to a news report in The Oklahoman, the fatal pedestrian accident occurred at Northwest Expressway and Council Road in northwest Oklahoma City. Officials say a mother and her two sons were crossing the parking lot when they were struck by an SUV. The 3-year-old sustained fatal injuries and the mother and 4-year-old suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The female driver of the SUV was not arrested, but the investigation is ongoing. According to the report, she may have caused the crash while distracted by another vehicle.
Parking lot accidents are very common, but they are rarely reported. The majority of parking lot accidents result in relatively minor injuries because they vehicles involved are typically moving slowly. However, injury accidents can happen at any speed. It is dangerous to have a false sense of security in a parking lot and to fail to exercise caution.
Here are a few common causes of parking lot accidents:
- Lack of focus: Motorists who are looking at a vacant spot may neglect to notice drivers and pedestrians who are moving nearby.
- Careless reversing: Drivers who need to pull out before pulling back in often throw it into reverse without first checking to see if someone has walked behind their vehicle.
- Lack of order: Some parking lots are confusing and there is often a lack of enforceable traffic laws in busy lots.
- Congestion: Motorists must keep their eyes open and their focus on their surroundings. Pedestrians and vehicles can come from any direction, at any time.
- Dangerous lots: Poorly lit lots with accumulated debris and a lack of security are dangerous for pedestrians and drivers.
If you have lost a loved one in a parking lot accident, it is important that you take the steps necessary to protect your rights. You may be able to pursue financial compensation for your loss by filing a claim against the at-fault party. With the help of an Oklahoma car accident attorney, financial support may be available for your pain and suffering and other related damages.
- Auto Accident
- Auto Accident Wrongful Death
- Bus Crash
- Car Accident Death
- Car Accident Injury
- Dangerous Products
- Distracted Driver
- Firm News
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Intersection Accidents
- Law & Information
- Local Places and Events
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Product Liability
- Rideshare Accidents
- Toyota Recall
- Truck Collision
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
- Wrongful Death
- What Are The Motorcycle Laws in Oklahoma?
- Teen Driving Safety – What Teens and Parents Should Know
- Understanding Traumatic Brain Injuries After Car Accidents
- Who Is At Fault in Oklahoma Rear-End Accidents?
- Are Electric Vehicles Safe in Accidents? Exploring EV Crash Safety
Don’t Wreck Twice
You’ve Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON’T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don’t wreck twice!Download Now