Oklahoma DUI Car Accident Lawyers
Legal Help After an Drunk Driving Car Accident
Despite strict laws against drunk driving and severe criminal penalties, alcohol-related accidents continue to cost the lives of thousands of people every year in the U.S. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that alcohol-related crashes caused 31% of the nation's traffic fatalities in 2014, killing 9,967 people.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 19% of the motor vehicle accident deaths among children ages 0-14 involved an alcohol-impaired driver. More than 1.1 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in 2014.
CDC reports facts and statistics about drunk driving in the state of Oklahoma:
- 2,205 people were killed in alcohol-impaired traffic crashes statewide 2003-2012.
- Drunk driving death rates in Oklahoma were significantly higher than national death rates in age groups 21-34, 35+, and all ages.
- 1.8% of drivers in the state report driving alcohol-impaired within the previous 30 days.
- Drunk driving death rate for males in our state is 9.3, as compared to the national rate of 5.2.
- Drunk driving death rate for females statewide is 1.9, as compared to the national rate of 1.5.
Drunk Driving Car Accident Case Results
- Autombile/Pedestrian accident involving a drunk driver in the parking lot of a local bar resulting in severe and permanent injuries: $630,000 settlement
- Car accident involving drunk driver and head-on collision. Parties sustained multiple breaks and fractures of legs, arms and some internal bruising: $500,000 settlement
- Car wreck collision involving drunk driver and rollover accident. Party sustained neck and back injuries which required a fusion of the C5-C6: $450,000 settlement
- Pedestrian accident involving drunk driver: $125,000 settlement
∗Past Results do not guarantee future results.
Legal Representation for the Injured
Drunk driving is a crime, but this has not stopped many drivers from getting behind the wheel while impaired. Injured victims of drunk driving accidents may be entitled to recover compensation for their losses in a civil lawsuit or insurance claim filed against the drunk driver. If you or your loved one has been harmed in an alcohol-related traffic crash, it is in your best interests to speak with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer as soon as you can. At Car Accident Help, our OK drunk driving car accident attorneys know the law, and we will aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve.
Drunk Driving Accident Victims in Oklahoma Have Rights
Alcohol-impaired driving (including drunk driving motorcycle accidents and drunk driving truck accidents) kills and seriously injures many people in Oklahoma, and across the nation. These tragic accidents were avoidable, and drunk drivers must be held accountable for the harm they inflict on innocent people. If you or your loved one has been hurt in a traffic crash caused by a drunk driver, you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation for the losses you have suffered. Damages you may be entitled to claim include:
- Medical expenses: Drunk driving accidents can cause severe injuries. Damages may include your past and future medical, hospital, and rehabilitation expenses and medications.
- Lost wages: If you were forced to miss work because of your injuries, or if a disabling injury has limited your future earning potential, these losses may be included in your claim.
- Pain and suffering: Non-economic damages may include pain and suffering and emotional distress resulting from your injuries.
- Property damage: You may be entitled to recover the cost of repairing your vehicle and car rental expenses while your vehicle was being repaired.
- Punitive damages: These are additional damages designed to punish the defendant for flagrant or egregious actions, as may be possible in cases of drunk driving.
Speak with our Drunk Driving Car Accident Attorneys in Oklahoma
If you have been the victim of a drunk driving accident, Car Accident Help can help. Contact an Oklahoma auto accident lawyer at (405) 285-4357 for a free case evaluation. We serve clients in Oklahoma City, as well as throughout Oklahoma and the nation. We can advise you of your options and help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve after serious injuries caused by a drunk driver.
- My Friend Is Drunk and Wants to Drive, What Should I Do?
- Drowsy Driving as Dangerous as Drunk Driving on Oklahoma Roads
- Oklahoma's Impaired Driving Laws
- Impaired Driving - CDC
- Impaired Driving - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Alcohol-impaired Driving
Don't Wreck Twice
You've Already Wrecked Your Car, Now DON'T Wreck Your Case! Get your FREE instant download to learn EXACTLY what you need to do so that you don't wreck twice!Download Now